SOUTHSHORE COUNSELING, LLC
Southshore Counseling, LLC does not accept insurance.
- $85 per 60 minute session.
- The first session is free.
- Tests and assessments are $50 per test/person.
- Cancellation Policy: 24 hour notice, please.
- Support and Therapy Groups usually consist of at least 6 participants and the cost is $20 for 4 group sessions.
Reasons for Paying without Insurance
You and your counselor are free to work together to determine the therapeutic goals, the course of treatment and who is included in therapy.
You are investing in yourself with your own money…a good motivator for working harder and possibly shortening the time needed in counseling.
- Lower overhead expenses means lower fees. I also score my own assessments at greatly reduced rates.
- No deductible or co-pay means you preserve your insurance benefits for other types of emergencies.
- Many times the fee I charge is the same or even less than the co-pay of insurance companies.
With no insurance companies or Employee Assistance Programs to notify, there is less chance that strangers will know your business. Hand-written session notes and hand-scored assessments are kept under lock and key, eliminating the privacy hazards often associated with the internet and digital storage.
A private office means less traffic than in a clinic where multiple therapists and office staffs are at work. Located just south of I-94 on Niles Road in the building of the Church of Christ of St. Joseph (3550 Niles Road, St. Joseph), privacy and confidentiality are preserved and even enhanced.
Sessions are scheduled to allow ample time between clients assuring confidentiality, minimal wait times and to give me the flexibility to take extra time as needed. No double-booking means clients meet with me at their scheduled times with little or no wait times.